Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Softball Semi-finals

  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Softball Semi-finals

    Anyone got any results yet? I think GC/Norton played at 430pm and Kelly/Appy played after that. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp008106164.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    appy 1
    kelly 0

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Softball Semi-finals *DELETED*

    Post deleted by oldtimer

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    congrats to the lady dawgs...regions is around the corner...keep it up...
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_howdyho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    details? on the appy game. give me some details?? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    Well, if the batter is very quick, and the infield is back, why not call a drag bunt down the line to get the runner on base. That's the job of the lead off batter, to get on base.
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_howdyho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 17th, 2003
    Posts
    113
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    what happenend??? what are these posts about?? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    GC 10-0 over Burton. They will now play Appy at 5:00 Thurs. The last game GC played Appy late in the year was a good game for 4-5 innings. I dont think we'll take them lightly. Appy softball program has improved greatly this year. They are now going to the regional tournament.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    The deleted post by oldtimer said something about why the leadoff batter would be told to bunt...I assume that thatwas one reason the game was lost? I don't know, but I responded with one reason why the bunt would be on.
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  10. #10
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Softball Semi-finals

    The finals tonight was a great game. GC won 2-1. The play in the last inning was a very close play that could have been called either way. We were fortunate that it went our way. Appalachia has nothing to be ashamed of. I hate the game had to end on a play like that. They played their hearts out. They will also be a great representative of the LPD in the regional tournament next week. I know I for one will be pulling for you. Would be nice to meet again in the finals of the regional tournament. Their softball program has come along ways in a short time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •